I've been keeping this list of funny things to blog about here. Crazy stuff Mawmaw says, things the kids say........just not up to it.
In seven more days it will have been a year since my cousin died. His family isn't doing well at all. His parents have had a crappy marriage for years, but we were hoping they'd come together, but they've continued in their pretty much separate lives and no matter what you do/how you reach out, they seem to take it wrong. It's hard enough without worrying that your attempts to help and love them are taken as insults........
And
It looks like we are moving again. I don't want this to be political in nature, but the short version is that the stability program that was put in place under the previous administration that would have had us here for 4-5 more years (and we don't need that long for DH's retirement) has been repealed by this administration and won't be honored......they are trying to say that the whole program is a bad idea and that soldiers don't want it but that's crap - we've been asking for something like this the entire time DH has been in - something that generally predicts how long you'll be assigned to each duty station. Like anyone wants MORE INSTABILITY in their lives????
So, we have to move the kids again. Move mawmaw. Find her all new doctors!!!!! Can you feel my blood pressure going up????? Rent out the house which involves more than I want to think about - clearing out crap, putting back together quickly what we've torn apart and started working on. Making some cheaper upgrades quickly in order to rent for a reasonable amount rather than waiting and making the nicer upgrades that we'd rather do. I doubt the house will rent for what our payment is......so that leaves us having to find a place there cheaply enough that we can still cover the difference.....or hopefully DH's hours will be stable enough that I can work at night or something........
I'm going to miss my brother's baby being born....we'll have to leave before then. The boys and I will probably stay until after school's out but that leaves me dealing with everything and moving alone and that's a whole other rant.........
OK, that didn't make me feel any better at all. Better get back to life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
UGH and quadruple ugh. That whole "the soldiers don't want it" sounds like how we as consumers prefer to have fewer diapers in a package for the same price. Yeah, right.
ReplyDelete