Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Things that can't come with her

She knows that she has too much stuff. It can't all come here. Don't need it, won't use it, don't have room for it.

Like:

She has three dressers full of clothes (plus her closet, two huge plastic bins, 4 suitcases, several boxes, ugh)......... We can't fit three dressers here, at least one is going to have to go. Our neighbor is in the process of trying to adopt her neice out of the foster care system so I suggested that we donate it to them for her.

She has end tables crammed everywhere. Old. Huge. Heavy. Did I mention old - the particle board covered with veneer stuff. They aren't coming.

48 clocks that chime. OK, maybe not 48, but one big one (think grandfather clock but a Walmart version), one on the wall in her living room, one in her bedroom, one in the living room in a case.

A humongous table that someone gave her after we convinced her to get rid of the one she had before because it took up too much room and she never used it. She can't open the closets in her dining/kitchen area because it's in the way. It's the same thing - old, huge, etc.

I won't bore you with a complete inventory........but, we've told her that as we pack she's got to be aware that not everything can come.

She told me a few days ago that she's got a solution for the things that can't come with her...........



She's going to give them to DH!




BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!


Yeah, not a solution, I know, but still danged funny and you should have seen his face when I told him he could have the big chiming clock that he hates!

1 comment:

  1. I got a good laugh. I'm thinking about the possibility of my mother's coming to live with us and thank goodness she has thinned out her belongings and isn't overly sentimental, but I know it's still going to be a chore.

    ReplyDelete