OK, things are going better here now. She's settled in and more used to our routine and stuff now, so we aren't driving each other as crazy as much. She also quit arguing about eating, taking her meds, etc. Like she was going to win, anyway. lol.
She's staying. We started (I should say I, DH has been working tons of hours) moving her stuff here and gave notice at her place for the end of Sept. that way we have plenty of time to sort out and move and clean it. She can't keep her meds straight - was thinking she had to take 4 of her meds 2x day when it's really two meds 2 x day and the rest once x day. Was complaining about how she ALWAYS runs out and they won't let her refill it until the next month so she has to go without. Yikes! Figured that out real quick. Bought two of those plastic things with M, T, W, T, F, S, S on them - one for morning and one for night and I'm putting the meds in there a week's worth at a time now.
Don't want her driving, she's going to get herself or someone else killed because her eyesight is bad even with her new glasses. Three times we've been waiting at the yellow blinking yield light to turn onto the two lane highway here and she's told me "my side is clear, go whenever you want" but it wasn't clear. In fact, two of those times there were eighteen wheelers coming! So, no more driving. If I'm going to be doing the driving (and let's face it, I am, DH is at work) she's going to live here because I can't afford the gas back and forth to her town and to do her errands plus once school starts that's going to complicate things, too.
She folds the kids' play clothes and loves to dust (woohoo, because I dislike dusting compared to just about any other chore) and likes to help cook by peeling potatos or whatever. Small kitchen, so one of us works in there and the other at the table.
I'm hearing the same stories over and over, but so far I'm dealing OK with that. We've got her bed here now and some of her clothes. I kid you not, she had more clothes than the five of us combined and I just had to tell her that they could NOT all come, there's just no way. Then we started going thru them and there were clothes from 15 years ago - not only way, way, WAY out of style, but she weighed like 65 pounds more then! I think we got rid of 5 huge bags of clothes so far and there are still more to go thru. She also has more towels than our family of five has, so those will have to be sorted/donated to the pound/something, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment