Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Whew!

Been a busy couple of days around here. My Mom came up and spent the 4th with us. We also picked up DH's grandmother and had her here overnight, as well. Good thing the couch pulls out to a bed! I have to say, for there to be seven of us here at once, it went well.

Went to a neighbor's for a 4th potluck celebration. Had two people ask for my recipe for guacamole and tried a broccoli salad that was DIVINE but the lady wouldn't share her recipe. That's fine, I bet I can find a similar one online and tweak it. It was SUPER good, I have to say.

The next day my Mom headed back home and took my oldest two with her to spend a week there. Took DH's grandmother back home (she was anxious to get back to her cat..lol). Went and had lunch just DH, me and the little guy. Was strange to just be a group of three.

DH and I replaced a window in the house yesterday. That's a first for both of us. Now that it's in, we can see we messed up a tiny bit on how far to put it towards the outside of the house, but it's workable and considering we got it levelled all directions in this 30+ year old house, I'll call it a success. We'll get better each time and there are plenty of windows left to do! lol.

We call every night to tell the big boys goodnight and see how their day went and yesterday when I called we learned that middle son was sick, running a fever of 101. Ugh. Not sick to his stomach, throat didn't hurt, just a fever and feeling lousy.

Went to get youngest ready for bed and he was hot, too. Double ugh. He got up to 102.4 overnight but same thing, just a fever so far. I hope this goes away soon for both of them. I hate when my kids are sick and especially on 'vacation' with grandma! And let's hope that oldest doesn't get it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment