Kills me that thanks to the newest changes at my old blogging home I'm left being unable to blog there because I'd love to blog and announce this:
I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!
And it's a great story, too!
OK, BIL - the one that's been fighting leukemia (and thankfully in remission for the second time) called and told us that he's going to be a Daddy! The same BIL that was told 100% he'd be sterile after treatment because they have NEVER had a male undergo the meds he has (twice, even stronger meds. the second time) and not be completely sterile. They even had them freeze sperm before his first treatment but told them not to count on ever using them for a successful pregnancy because he was so sick and they were not healthy sperm and there were very few of them, maybe enough for one attempt.
He was told on Father's Day by ex-SIL. Yes, you read that right - EX-SIL. See, after his second treatment he sort of lost his mind. Did some things that were off the wall and unlike him and she couldn't live with it. I couldn't have, either, we didn't blame her one bit. He had the choice to cut that crap out or get out. He chose to leave. She filed for divorce and it was finalized last Fall. We kept in touch with her, as we told her, she's stuck with us as extended family no matter what. In fact, she kept in touch WAY better than he did.
She still loved him, though. She was saving money so that if/when he relapsed again she'd be able to help pay for necessities while he was treated because his field of work doesn't supply medical insurance, she carried it while they were married. They were talking on the phone a few times a week, getting along better. He was making better choices, starting to see there was still a future for him to make, etc. She went back to school.
Anyway, DH and I have been telling him the WHOLE TIME that if he'd just get his head out of his ass, he could get her back easily. Apparently at some point that sunk in a bit (yeah, we're taking credit! lol) and whenever one was in/near the other one's town they would get together for dinner, etc.
So -- I'm going to be an AUNT! Woohoo! 'Bout time!
And more neatness - they figured it out and it happened on Mother's Day when she was near his town visiting her Mom. So they conceived on Mother's Day and he found out on Father's Day. Neat, huh?
They are working on their future and what this means for them, but I think no matter what this will be a good thing. They are both GREAT with kids, ours crawl all over them and drag them all over to play when we see them. She's going to be a great Mom. He's going to now have a BIG reason to grow up and make more plans for the future, his and the child's.
Have I mentioned that I'm excited to be an AUNT??????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is amazing news! Congratulations! Thanks for the link to your blog.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! What a miracle in so many ways!!
ReplyDeletehow wonderful!!!!!!
ReplyDeleterobine says
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS