So once DH's Aunt had a minute to breathe I asked her if grandma had ever done much sewing. (I only knew her three years before she died and I only saw her in person once during that time, talked on the phone due to location.) She'd been blind for long before I'd met her, so I knew she hadn't done any sewing during her last 10 years or so. She said yes. I said that if anyone found any fabric scraps during the clean out to please put them aside as I'd love to have them and try to make either a scrap quilt or wall hanging or something.
She took my hand and said "come with me."
This is what she'd found and what I came home with. Noone else does any kind of sewing so they were freely given to me as they had been trying to figure out what to do with them.
I have two boxes of two different quilt top pieces. They were just in cardboard boxes up in a closet so the bugs go to them and some pieces are ruined and a lot are just cut and not put together yet, but here are pictures of some of the ones that are together already. I'm hoping to have time this winter to really spend time and see what I can do with them and what all is there (size wise).
I am by far the luckiest person that went out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment