About a week ago GMIL comes in the living room all upset. She just heard on 'her' radio station (we listen to different ones) that there were three colleges blown up in the US and names off three states. Says that a religious faction is claiming responsibility (she named it, but it's not important so I'm leaving it out). Then said that people are saying it's their right to do stuff like that to protest and others are outraged at that AND that the President hasn't condemned it immediately and are calling for him to be impeached.
Now, I've had my radio on all day. Didn't hear ANYTHING REMOTELY RELATED to any of that and knew it wasn't right. I tell her I haven't heard anything at all. She infers that my radio station isn't as good as hers and probably didn't know about it yet. (lol).
I humor her. I bring her to the computer and we look up the major news sites - nothing.
I tune my radio to her station to see if they'll repeat whatever it was they said that she interpreted that way. Nothing related or that could be twisted to that.
I have NO IDEA what she heard and misunderstood but I was very glad it was a mistake, that would have been horrific. She didn't look like she'd been asleep, either, so I don't think it was a dream.
Odd.
Funny in a sad way, but very odd. I still wonder what she heard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You might tell the boys that if GMIL tells them anything they aren't sure about to be sure to check with you to verify. I can tell life is "interesting" with her under your roof.
ReplyDeleteOh, yeah, they know. ;) This morning she was telling them how she was awake since 3:00 AM this morning looking out her window.....the window that faces the front of the house. That we can all clearly see when waiting on the school bus. That had the lights off and blinds closed until sometime AFTER the bus had run..... lol. This is a game of hers (DH's Mom used to compete in it with her, they'd both try and see who could claim to have been up the earliest for some reason) and we just refuse to play. Anyway, she was saying that this morning and both of the big kids looked past her to me with looks on their faces like: This is another one of her stories, right, Mom? lol.
ReplyDeleteThat is a heck of a story...wonder where she got it from? It really would have freaked me out.
ReplyDelete