Oh, I've got so much to catch up on!
Going to get started and see how far I can get.
So.
We went to help clean out DH's grandparents' farm. His grandma died in 2000 and his grandpa died earlier this year. PACK RATS. HOARDERS. You come up with any name you want, it fits. Literally the first time I went there I picked up a magazine off a shelf and it was older than I was.......I would have been about 26/27 at that time. lol. You get the idea. Never get rid of anything because it might be useful for something later on.
I have so much to say but it might be best to just let the pictures speak for themselves. I couldn't take pictures of everything that I wanted to because there were family members there who also have that save everything mentality and there was no way to explain my picture taking of the, say, 10 foot high shelves in the barn that were full of box after box after box of rocks. Not pretty rocks, either, just rocks. Small, medium and big.......rocks. And they were picking some out to keep as momentos!
So - here are some of the inside of the house (which needs to be bulldozed as it's probably literally bringing the value of the land down), the land and the pecan trees that cover about 30 acres, some of grandpa's puppets he made and whatever else I took pictures of so you could see. We cleared out enough crap to fill up one side of a two car garage taller than I am and we didn't even make a dent.......sigh. LOTS more work to be done there. Would have gone much faster without the aforementioned family members wanting to see *EVERYTHING* before it got put on the garbage pile. We started sending them into the house and then back to the garage. While they were in the garage, those of us in the kitchen would throw stuff away like mad and vice versa. lol. We cleaned out 8 of those HUGE steel sided expandable garbage bags out of the kitchen - mostly old butter, etc., containers with no lids, lids with no bowls, styrofoam meat (ICK!) trays, broken mugs, things so greasy they were sticky...........gross stuff. And there was still way more stuff left than a family of four would need........like I said, they just kept everything.
OK, I messed this up and the pictures are first instead of last. Sorry!
Going to get started and see how far I can get.
So.
We went to help clean out DH's grandparents' farm. His grandma died in 2000 and his grandpa died earlier this year. PACK RATS. HOARDERS. You come up with any name you want, it fits. Literally the first time I went there I picked up a magazine off a shelf and it was older than I was.......I would have been about 26/27 at that time. lol. You get the idea. Never get rid of anything because it might be useful for something later on.
I have so much to say but it might be best to just let the pictures speak for themselves. I couldn't take pictures of everything that I wanted to because there were family members there who also have that save everything mentality and there was no way to explain my picture taking of the, say, 10 foot high shelves in the barn that were full of box after box after box of rocks. Not pretty rocks, either, just rocks. Small, medium and big.......rocks. And they were picking some out to keep as momentos!
So - here are some of the inside of the house (which needs to be bulldozed as it's probably literally bringing the value of the land down), the land and the pecan trees that cover about 30 acres, some of grandpa's puppets he made and whatever else I took pictures of so you could see. We cleared out enough crap to fill up one side of a two car garage taller than I am and we didn't even make a dent.......sigh. LOTS more work to be done there. Would have gone much faster without the aforementioned family members wanting to see *EVERYTHING* before it got put on the garbage pile. We started sending them into the house and then back to the garage. While they were in the garage, those of us in the kitchen would throw stuff away like mad and vice versa. lol. We cleaned out 8 of those HUGE steel sided expandable garbage bags out of the kitchen - mostly old butter, etc., containers with no lids, lids with no bowls, styrofoam meat (ICK!) trays, broken mugs, things so greasy they were sticky...........gross stuff. And there was still way more stuff left than a family of four would need........like I said, they just kept everything.
OK, I messed this up and the pictures are first instead of last. Sorry!
Will have to come back to post more and finish up. Little man is up from nap.
I'm looking forward to more. ;-) You know I am!
ReplyDeleteThe puppets are kinda scarey!
ReplyDelete